The Q&A Archives: Hibiscus leaves full of black dots

Question: Why does my Hibiscus leaves are full of black dots?

It used to flower every winter and now it did the opposite last winter! No flower appeared!

Answer: Unfortunately, it is difficult to diagnose leaf spots long distance. This might be a bacterial or fungal infection, for example. If it is bacterial, removing all of the infected leaves would be the most effective control combined with giving the plant good overall care. If it is fungal, you would need to treat with a suitable fungicide depending on which particular fungus it is, along with improving air circulation and avoiding wetting the foliage. I would suggest you take a sample leaf enclosed in a clear plastic bag and consult with a professionally trained nurseryman to try to obtain a specific diagnosis, and based on knowing that, decide how to proceed.