The Q&A Archives: My caladiums won't grow, what did I do wrong?

Question: Hi, I live in Florida. I planted several caladium bulbs a few weeks ago, I also gave some to my om to plant in a container. None of the bulbs have sprouted. We watched for squirrels, watered faithfully and so forth. I still have several bulbs left, but not sure if I sould send them back or try again. What do you think?
Thank you, Lisa Hiatt

Answer: Lisa,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

It is probably just taking some time as they may have been dry and dormant at the time of planting. Dig one up to see how it looks. Keep them moist and they should be sprouting soon.