The Q&A Archives: Plants in backyard worry free

Question: I want to plant some flowers in my backyard, it is sunny in the area.I want to plant something that in easy to care for and i don't have to replant every 6 mos or year. I want something colorful. Also i want some elephant ears in my yard .

Answer: Janie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Elephant ears are great for a morning sun location or part day sun. There are many easy and tough flowers including lantana, Mystic Spires Salvia, perennial hibiscus, and Mexican Bush Sage (Salvia leucantha). The following web site offers more ideas: