The Q&A Archives: Weed Control

Question: I have bermuda grass for a lawn, but with many weeds. What is the best spray to kill all weeds and other grass except the bermuda?

Answer: William,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

There are preemergence sprays to prevent weed seeds from germinating and growing. There are postemergence broadleaf sprays to kill those types of weeds. However there are not postemergence sprays for killing grasses but not bermuda. I suggest you contact your County Extension Office and see about getting a copy of their weed control guide and perhaps also brining in some of the weeds for identification so they can recommend proper products and timing of application.