The Q&A Archives: Pepper Plants

Question: Why is it that my green pepper plants do not grow well. Last year I got two peppers, and they were small. This year I planted peppers again, and they are as small as they were a month ago. The tomatoes are growing well in the same soil. They are in full sun.
Thank you,

Answer: Maggie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Interesting question. With the tomatoes doing well the peppers should also be thriving. I suppose you might be starting with plants that are stresses or root bound from spending too much time in a small container. I suggest you start fertilizing them with Miracle Gro weekly for a while to try and boost vigor. Then also keep the soil moist but not soggy. Make sure they are getting lots of sun. Peppers tend to produce a better crop in the fall in southern areas while not doing much producing in the hot summer season.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"