The Q&A Archives: blight

Question: I have a tea olive that the tips of the leaves turn brown.It is not very

Answer: Tea olive is rather slow growing and is usually quite long lived. Tea olive prefers reasonably good soil, but is adaptable except in the poorest, sandy soil. New growth indicates your plant is reasonably healthy, but struggling. These plants appreciate moist soil but will adapt to average soil. If the foliage is showing distress, it could be that the soil isn't draining quickly enough. Another possibility is that the leaf margins are showing salt burn from over-fertilization. Aside from these possibilities, I can't think of anything that would affect your Tea Olive. Adjust the watering and prune out the affected plant parts. Your shrub should respond by developing healthy new foliage. Best wishes with your landscape!