The Q&A Archives: Chemically Damaged Grass

Question: I used Scotts Turf Builder Fertilizer and Weed Control and now areas of my lawn are chemically damaged. I am watering nightly and havent seen any rejuvenation of the green grass. Ive considered getting rid of the old grass and either resodding/or seeding. Not sure what my options are at this point. Please help

Answer: Katrina,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

When a lawn has damage from a chemical application it is difficult to provide a quick fix. You can dig out and replace areas but that is a lot of work and expense. If the damage is not too severe it will outgrow it in time. So in the mean time you may just want to wait and watch and provide adequate care (mowing, watering and fertilizing). By later in the summer it should be recovering and looking better.