The Q&A Archives: gardening veg

Question: Is it best to plants seeds first or the ones that are preplanted in the store? I am planting seeds and ones that have plants on them already and I need to know which ones are best to plant first, they will be in the same area.

Answer: I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can do either. Transplants give you a head start and are usually the way to go for tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, and similar plants. Root crops like carrots and turnips are planted in the garden from seed. Leafy greens can be planted either way.