The Q&A Archives: annual or perennial

Question: Are forget me nots annuals or perennials? And will they do ok in regular dirt. We have a chile bush, planted in the ground, dont know what kind, but do we need to water it everyday?

Answer: Forget-me-nots are neither annuals or perennials - they're biennials. This means that they grow vegetatively for the first year, flower and set seeds the second year, then they die. But not to worry; Forget me Nots self-sow. The seeds will germinate and you'll have lots of new plants in various stages of vegetative growing or flowering. This habit ensures you will have Forget me nots always growing in your flower bed.

Your chile bush should not require daily watering. Once or twice a week give it a deep soaking and it should be happy.