The Q&A Archives: looking for certain type of hibiscus

Question: Me and my wife have been lookng for a cretain type of hibiscus but dont know the name or where to find it it has a large red flower and the leave have a striking resemblance to a marijuanna plant we have found several plants that are close but not exactly like the the one we saw that we liked so much any help is much appriciated. thanks

Answer: There are a number of perennial hibiscus and hybrids on the market nowadays, so it may be tough to find the exact plant. You may be thinking of the native Hibiscus coccineus. The following are the best photographs showing foliage that I could find in a quick search. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly. Plant Delights offers a number of different hibiscus, perhaps you will see it there.

Or possibly "Fireball"

Best of luck with your search!