The Q&A Archives: Identify and Cure a Diseased Tree

Question: I moved into a house that has a beautiful tree and I don't know the name of it. This year it is plagued with some infection which has left the tree mostly bare and red spots on the leaves that are still with us. Can you tell me what kind of tree it is and how to cure it? I am happy to provide any detail of description and/or a photogragh.

Much thanks,

Answer: Lucas,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Unfortunately we are not set up to receive photos in our Q&A system. I suggest you take a photo of the tree and some leaves showing the symptoms to your County Extension Office to see if they can identify the tree and the problem for you. They don't charge for that service. Their contact info is:
1253 Civic Center Loop
San Marcos, TX 78666
Phone: 512-393-2120