The Q&A Archives: CURLY LEAF

Question: My peach tree has curly leaves and they look dried up and ugly. How can I fix this-Last year they had it too. I sprayed it last fall but it bloomed into the curly leaf again.

Answer: Peach leaf curl is a fungal infection. It is usually controllable using a spray in the fall when nearly all of the leaves have fallen, or in early spring before the buds swell. In addition, you would clean up all fallen leaves and other debris from the tree every fall to try to limit reinfection. Once peach leaf curl has appeared for the season, there is no effective treatment. Please consult with your local county extension to plan a routine spray program for your peach. They will be able to tell you what to use and how/when to apply it for best results.