The Q&A Archives: Pine use outdoors

Question: I want to know if I can use 1x_ pine to build a small, decorative bridge for my backyard or if I need to use something else. I also need to know what I need to do to protect this bridge from weathering and warping. I want to use something like 1x_ material in order to cut an arching type of bridge, and to force a arc in a handrail, or if you can recommend a better alternative I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Rick Gaswint

Answer: Rick,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Sorry but we at the gardening Q&A service are not able to answer questions about building projects. I suggest you contact a Home Depot manager in the building or lumber department at your local store.

Thanks for the question. Best wishes for a wonderful gardening season. Please stop in again soon if we can help with a gardening question.