The Q&A Archives: Pepper Bush

Question: I was station in Japan--and someone left a plant in a large pot on the backporch--with a sign on it saying (Please enjoy)-after living there for awhile -surpise to me this little bush start having these little shiny red-orange rockets size pepper that was delicious-Is there some place here that sells pepper bush?

Answer: Jerri,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I can't tell what plant you are describing. If it was an edible pepper you may be describing tabasco or serrano peppers. There are also ornamental peppers of many types that are also edible.