The Q&A Archives: Caring for my new plant

Question: I got a new plant for mothers day the name of it is a convolvulus. I would like to know how much water, sun, and if I should use plant food?

Answer: Convolvulus needs full sun all day long and a well drained location, it does well in average soil conditions. After all danger of frost, you may plant it in the garden. Water deeply during dry spells. You could top dress with compost and use a general purpose granular fertilizer such as 10-10-10 per the label directions. If you are growing it in a container, give it as much sun as possible, water when the soil surface is dry, and fertilize regularly with a water soluble fertilizer such as 10-10-10 plus minors per the label directions. Enjoy your new plant!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"