The Q&A Archives: Home Remedy

Question: Is there a home remedy that I can make to spray on my vegtables for bugs? I heard something about using dish detergent. This is my first attempt at putting in a vegetable garden and I do not want to use any chemicals. Plus, everthing so far is growing BEAUTIFULLY! Thank You so much! Mare

Answer: Maryann,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can make a soap spray of 1-2% liquid dish soap such as ivory. However the better product is an insecticidal soap as these are labeled and less likely to burn sensitive plants. When you do a home remedy you do so at you own risk.