The Q&A Archives: water garden/fish pond

Question: I'm interested in putting a pond in my backyard, but electricity in the area is not readily available. Is there a pump for a pond that will run on solar and/or battery power? I prefer not to go to the expense of hiring an electrician for this project.
Thank you

Answer: Cynthia,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

We at the Q&A service do not have information on pond pumps and solar power. I suggest you contact your local Home Depot Garden Center manager to ask if they carry such things, another ideas if this is not successful is to do a search for "pond pumps" and "solar".