The Q&A Archives: All seasons

Question: I live in birmingham alabama. i just wanted to know if there are any plants that i could put in our flower beds that can withstand both heat and cold? i want to be able to have a wide variety of plants in our flower beds but i would like for them to be able to be there all year long without having to worry about hot or cold weather killing them.

Answer: Shephenie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your question deserves a longer answer that I can provide in a brief reply since there are many such flowering plants. Check out the following web publication for a wealth of information: