The Q&A Archives: Rusty,powdery spots on my plumeria

Question: My Hawai'in Plumeria is potted it is 10 years old and it has all tis rusty powdery spots on the leafs.After a while they fall of and die.

Answer: Marguerite,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

That sounds like a fungal disease. It could be rust fungus. The following web site offers photos to check out this possibility and control suggestions:

I suggest you take a leaf showing the symptoms to your County Extension Office for them too look over and diagnose. With a more specific diagnosis they can recommend an appropriate control option.