The Q&A Archives: Windmill Palm

Question: Our windmill palm is starting to come back from the winter and the prawns have no body to them, they are limp. What is wrong?

Answer: Bonnie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

It could be that the plant was exposed to some type of weed killer injury. Otherwise I am not aware of a problem that would cause such symptoms. You might try contacting your County Extension Office to see about sending them a few photos by e-mail to get assistance from Texas Digital Diagnostics (free service) in determining the cause of your palm's problems.