The Q&A Archives: Grass

Question: My grass have some brown spot and green spot how can I make it all green in thick? I put ferlizie out 2 months ago, and I also add some line to help the color from brown to green. I have ST. Augustine grass in my yard.

Thank You!

Answer: Thomas,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You might try to apply an iron and nitrogen supplement to the areas that lack green color. The brown may be a disease. Contact your County Extension Office to see about bringing in a sample from the turf for diagnosis and control recommendations.

Their contact info is:

Orange County - UF/IFAS
Extension Education Center
6021 South Conway Road
Orlando, FL 32812-3604
Office: (407) 254-9200