The Q&A Archives: yellow leaves

Question: I have a night blooming jasmine that I bought at Home depot in Florida recently and now it has leaves turning yellow. I noticed that it had some leaves were yellow when I got it home. Anything I can do to help this plant?

Answer: John,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

That could be due to a change in environment or to the roots drying out or staying too soggy wet. Both can kill roots and result in yellowing leaves. Try to keep the soil just moist and provide it with a bright location but some afternoon shade. Fertilize with Miracle Gro or a similar product according to label directions. It should turn around and resume normal growth in time.