The Q&A Archives: Vegetable Garden

Question: I have a small vegetable in the back of my yard. I have trouble with rabbits, squirrels, etc. eating my plants. Is there a safe product that I can use to prevent this?

Answer: Lisa,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

There are repellent products on the market that may help but you might want to consider a short fence around the garden for rabbits. There is also a water spraying motion activated device called the Scarecrow that may work well. It is effective against a number of different animal pests because it startles them with a short blast of water when they approach.