The Q&A Archives: avacado tree

Question: Purchased a avacado tree care of?

Looks like something eating leaves but don't see anything on leaves other then holes

Answer: Vickie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

If there is not a lot of feeding or hole creation in the foliage I would not worry about it as some such feeding is normal and not a threat to the plant. Your tree should be in plenty of sunlight and in soil that drains well. Keep the weeds away from the base of the tree to minimize competition. Maintain moderately moist soil and fertilize lightly with a soluble plant food following label direction for this first growing season.