The Q&A Archives: How can I kill a mimosa tree stump?

Question: I cut down a mimosa tree several years ago and it keeps coming back from the stump and anlong the root system. I have been spraying all green growth with round up with success in killling the sprouts but they reappear elswhere

Answer: Steven,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can either dig it our or have someone do so, or grind it out with a stump grinder. you can also just keep using the Roundup knowing the plant will eventually run out of energy for regrowth or switch to another product such as something like Brush B Gone or Poison Ivy Killer.