The Q&A Archives: Plant information

Question: I see a real pretty plant called a Nemesia Aromatica Rose Pink. Can you give me any information on it?

Answer: Nemesia are considered half-hardy annuals that reach a height of 8 inches to 10 inches and have a slightly smaller spread. They prefer cooler weather, and flower best in late spring and early summer. Nemesia will stick around and flower again in fall if protected from the heat of summer and kept moist and cool in a partial shade location. The following varieties are on the market and would look great in a hanging basket, container or in an annual bed. Nemesia Aromatica Rose Pink has a delicate pink-colored blossom.

Nemesia (Nemesia fruticans) is hardy to 25?F (-3.9?C) and blooms in spring and autumn. It has a rounded growth habit and fragrant flowers. It is frost tolerant and needs lots of water and fertilizer. Feed every two weeks with a half-strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer (Miracle-Gro, Schultz's or Peter's). It will grow 12-14" (30.5-35.6cm) high and 10-12" (25.4-30.5cm) wide in full sun.

Fragrant, delicate, airy blooms cover these upright plants. It performs well in cool temperatures and is ideal for winter and spring performance in warm climates. It prefers well-drained soil, enriched with compost.

Best wishes with your new plant!