The Q&A Archives: Peach Tree Care

Question: I just recently moved into a house that has a Peach Tree in the yard. It is starting to produce peaches and they are getting bigger and I wanted to know if I needed to spray it for bugs or how best to care for it. If so, what do I need to spray it with? Thanks,

Answer: David,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Most spraying should have already been done. You might want to wait and see how things turn out at this point. Your County Extension Office should have a free fruit tree spray guide on hand if you want to try and start spraying at this point of just to have for next season. Their contact info is:

2121 8th Avenue North, Ste 1700
Birmingham, AL 35203-2387
Phone: (205) 325-5342