The Q&A Archives: Is it possible to grow Mangos in Texas

Question: I am interested in developing a horticulture farm with Mangoes as the main fruite tree. Pl. let me whether is it possible to grow Mangoes in Texas state, and which areas of Teaxas may be favorable for growing Mangos. I am also interested in planting date palm trees on a farm. could you please give me some idea where can find some information on this subject.

Answer: Mr. Nagrecha,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I suggest you contact Mr. Julian Sauls who is the expert on such fruit crops in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. The only area where mangoes can be grown is the southern tip of Texas. His contact info is:
Professor & Extension Horticulturist
2401 East Highway 83
Weslaco TX 78596

The following web site offers info on growing mangoes in Texas: