The Q&A Archives: Sago Palm

Question: I bought a sago palm at Home Depot that said houseplant on the care label. I would like to know it I could transplant it in the ground, and when would be the best time. It is growing very well right now. I bought it a little over a month age.

Answer: MaryAnn,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Sago will do great in your area in a very bright shade to part sun location. You can transplant it any time from now through fall if you like. Firm the soil around the roots and water it in well at planting. Maintain medium soil moisture.