The Q&A Archives: austin grass

Question: Dear, expert:
why our austin grass has so many seeds very year? and the leave doesn't grow well.

Answer: Grace,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I suspect if your grass is not growing it is due to either a lack of water or fertilizer or sunlight. Grass loves lots of sun to grow its best. This year has been rainy so I doubt it is because of a lack of water. For fertilizer apply a product with a 3-1-2- or 4-1-2 ratio of nutrients. Divide the first number of the three into 100 to get the number of pounds to apply per 1000 square feet. Do this in April and again now and again in early October each year.