The Q&A Archives: Drooping Peace Lily

Question: My recently purchased Peace Lily's leaves are consistently droopy. I water it only when the soil seems to be a bit dry. The leaves perk up a bit after that but go back to drooping again. Some of the youngest interior leaves are starting to turn brown and shrivel. HELP! How can I best care for my plant?

Answer: Laveria,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Those symptoms sound like the plants are in too much sun. If this is not the case then perhaps you need to water more often or they could be in a growing mix/soil that is just too well drained. Sand and chunky potting mixes often won't hold enough moisture to sustain the plant between waterings.