The Q&A Archives: trimming

Question: I have a very large tree with ears shaped pods that just finished and now it has purple clusters of not smelly flowers. I dont know what kind of tree it is, but I love it and its about 10 yrs old. Now, I opened the pods and was able to start a little tree with the seeds.Can u tell me anything about the tree.

Answer: San,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your tree description doesn't bring any plant to mind. Take a sample to your County Extension Office and they may be able to identify it with the sample to look at.