The Q&A Archives: Mango Tree

Question: I have a 7-8 year old Mango Tree which bore some fruit in its 2nd to 3rd year. My neighbor has a Mango tree about 50 ft from mine and it bears fruit in abundance every year, mine hasn't had any fruit in the past 5 years. He does nothing to enhance the fruit growth, what could be my problem.

Answer: Wanda,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Very strange about your mango tree. There is no clue in the question as to what might be the problem. I suggest you contact your County Extension Office to see if they have any idea what might be the cause. Their services are free of charge. I believe that their contact info is:

12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL 33774
Phone: (727) 582-2100