Question: I Have a problem with squirrels eating on my vegetable plants?
i heard to slice irish spring soap pieces, and lay them around my plants?
does this help. or do you have any other suggestions?
thank you.

Answer: While I have heard of using the soap to deter deer, I had not heard it associated with squirrels. As with so many home remedies, you could try it and see how it works for you. More commonly, squirrels can sometimes be deterred with the spray-on or granular animal repellents labeled for squirrels. Or, a pepper wax spray on the plants might help. Sometimes, covering young plants with chicken wire can protect them until they are large enough to be less attractive. The other thing I might mention is that with careful observation you may find there is a rabbit or woodchuck bothering your plants rather than squirrels (squirrels are more commonly destructive to bulbs). For these, fencing is usually the most reliable solution.