The Q&A Archives: St. Augustine lawn

Question: My lawn has been cut three times this season. Now I am seeing yellow blades of grass mixed in with the green. Is this bad?

Answer: Reda,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Yellow blades of grass may be due to a number of things. It could be a lack of nutrients but this is not likely unless the pH is high and the yellowing is due to iron deficiency. This is often because the soil is staying soggy wet too. I would wait and watch the lawn to see if it gets better or worse. This problem may be temporary and fix itself.