The Q&A Archives: How to find

Question: I would like a Japanese Maple Tree that grows resembling a dog wood tree (the way the branches branch out) and also how do you find out how tall and wide they grow?

Answer: Kerrin,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

The growth habit of a Japanese maple tree is due in part to the growing conditions and any training/pruning you do. Most will form a dogwood like form quite naturally. The ultimate size of a Japanese maple can be determined by tying the variety name and "Japanese Maple" into the search box on Google.