The Q&A Archives: Source for Supertunias

Question: I want to grow petunias this spring in my greenhouse. It is very small and not used for commercial sales. I want to grow the new hybrid referred to as "supertunias", apparently they are extremely heat tolerant and do not die out in the center andflourish through the hottest time of the summer. I know they grow in a downward/trailing fashion, often 5-6 feet! Are these seeds for sale in your summer catalog? If so what page and what name?

Answer: 'Supertunia' seed is not available to consumers, unfortunately. The plant is patented and licenced for sale only through Proven Winners ( - see their Spring Product page) which supplies nurseries. However, multiflora petuniasin general have better longevity and heat tolerance than most hybrids (see pg 45). Burpee's 'Waves' (pg 7) are also reliable performers.