The Q&A Archives: PLEASE help!!!

Question: i just moved here and i want to plant a flower bed but the soil here is much more sandy then Northwest what can I plant thats really fragrent and full of colors?? I would also like to know if I'm able to plant hostas here??

Answer: Sarah,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Add lots of compost to the soil to improve that sandy soil. Hosta are pretty iffy but if you want to try the give them a location with solid shade but bright light in the shade. Keep the soil moist.

Some great flowers for Mississippi can be found in the following online publication: