The Q&A Archives: Lawn Care

Question: Hi. I live in Georgia, where it's been really dry. There has been a lack of rain, which you can really tell by my lawn. We have watering days, and I usually water maybe 2 hours on those days, but it just doesn't seem to do it. Is there any advice you can give me, for keeping a beautiful lawn, even in this dry, dry and hot weather? Thanks!

Answer: Jamie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Water until you apply 1 inch of water. You can use a rain gauge or straight sided container such as a coffee can to determine how long this will take. One inch will wet the soil thoroughly without wasting water.