The Q&A Archives: Yellow Spots on New Sod (Northeast Florida)

Question: About two months ago, I had new sod installed in my backyard. It has been dry, but I have an irrigation system to keep the sod watered. Most of the sod has rooted nicely and is growing properly. However, there are two or three spots where the sod has turned yellowish and looks troublesome. Is this a problem and what should I do to correct? Thanks

Answer: Joe,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Those spots may not be receiving adeaquate watering. They also could be diseases areas. Your County Extension Office can assist by looking at a sample you bring in and/or some digital photos, and helping to determine the cause. Then a proper remedy can be suggested.