The Q&A Archives: pest on sago palms

Question: This is a repeat question. I sent in a request about 5 days ago and have not received a response. I have small white bugs (look a bit like sand) on my sago palms. I am trying to find out the best method for ridding my palms of these pests.

Answer: Katrina,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I think we answered this one already but did want to add that if you use a product containing imidocloprid it will move into the plant and work against most scale insects an anything that might be sucking the plant's juices which is most likely they type of feeding those insects are doing on your sago palm.