The Q&A Archives: possible fungus

Question: I've noticed some brown spots on one of my house plants leaves a few weeks ago...I thought it wasn't getting enough sun. But, last night I decided it probably has a disease. What can I do to save this plant?

Answer: Kelly,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Watch how often you water. Dig down an inch or two and feel the soil. Overwatering is more common than underwatering with houseplants. Avoid wetting the foliage. Trim away any diseased leaves. Give the plant plenty of light and fertilize lightly every week or two with a soluble plant food such as Miracle Gro.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"