The Q&A Archives: Brown Patchy Lawn

Question: How do I repair my brown dry patchy lawn?
My neighbors lawns are vibrant and it wasn't until I used Grub controller which severly damaged my lawn.

Answer: Based on your description I am not certain what has happened to your lawn. I would not expect a grub control product to damage the lawn if applied per the label directions. It is possible though that if the grub control product also contained fertilizer you may have overfertilized -- if you had already applied fertilizer earlier this season. Overfertilizing can "burn" the lawn. (You may want to re-read the label directions on products you have used this spring and/or contact the manufacturers for information about the products you have used.) I would strongly suggest you consult with your local Rutgers county extension to try to diagnose what is happening and based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you long distance.