The Q&A Archives: Large Flower Pots

Question: I've seen some beautiful large flower pots. They are very deep and I'm wandering with the amount of soil that is required to fill the pot what would be the best plants to plant in them and how do I go about doing it?

Answer: Ann,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can choose most any plant for those big pots. it really comes down to what you want to grow. They would be good for large tomatoes, dwarf citrus, dwarf crape myrtles, roses, or many different perennials such as yellow bells, Salvia Mystic Spires, lantana, plumbago and dwarf shrubs too.