The Q&A Archives: Desert Rose

Question: I am trying to grow a Desert Rose in my office - plenty of light, clay pot - in an office environment, how often should I give it a small drink? It is by the North window, blinds are up most all the time.

Answer: Peggy,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

The plant needs a lot of light and it will be difficult to provide enough in the office. Be careful not to overwater and allow it to dry out a bit between waterings. The temperature, amount of air movement and soil type will all affect how often so dig down a couple of inches to feel the soil and water when it is slightly dry to the touch.