The Q&A Archives: Growing roses in pots

Question: What is the best to grow roses in pots? How large a pot should I use,what types of roses fare the best in containers,and how long do they usaually last?I had a rose garden at my house in Nj, but now I live in an apt.Is it possible to grow roses in pots inside an apt?I have a balcony that has been turned into a screened in sun room but a very large tree in my neighbor's yard has blocked out the sun.

Answer: Please keep in mind that roses need full sun to grow and bloom their best. Indoors, in too little sun, they will not perform very well. You could try some of the miniature roses in containers. Here is detailed information about growing them indoors. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.