The Q&A Archives: weed preventer

Question: I recently added Miracle Grow plant food with weed preventer to my flower bed. I would like to plant some bare root plants. Will this prevent them from growing? And, can I plant potted plants also?

Answer: Please read the label on the product you used or contact the manufacturer directly for detailed instructions on using their product. I do not have a package label to check for you. However, I believe that product includes a pre-emergent weed preventer. This would stop weed (and other) seeds from germinating. It needs to be on the soil surface to remain effective as a pre-emergent weed preventer. I do not believe it would interfere with transplants or bare rooted plants unless the plants you are growing are particularly sensitive to it. But, this is why you need to check the label or contact the manufacturer. Here is the contact information on their web site.

Good luck with your flowers this summer!