The Q&A Archives: Seeding

Question: It might be too late but I still would like to seed some flowering plants. In Westfiled (Midwest), Indiana which seeds (either Perinnials or annuals does not matter) would germinate and give flowers in a month or so?
If seeding is not a good idea in this month which flowring plants are best to grow?

Thanks. I would appreciate your answer.

Answer: You can still sow seeds of fast growing annuals. Marigolds are a good choice because they grow quickly and flower at a young age. Cosmos, Nasturtiums and Scarlet Runner Beans are other suggestions. I think you'll find even more choices as you look through the seed rack. Look for short germination dates and short days to maturity on the back of the package. These will help you determine when they will flower in your yard.

Best wishes with your garden!