The Q&A Archives: Shade loving, climbing, flowering plant?

Question: I have a small apartment patio where I would like to put up a trellis panel (about 6.5'x4')to block out the view of the next-door neighbors. I am looking for a plant that will climb the trellis, does well in partial to full shade, and is preferably a flowering plant. So far the only plant I've found is Fukurin Kadsura. Can you think of anything else? I am thinking that this plant is a bit too large for what I want. Any ideas?

Answer: Nathan,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

A vine that is less vigorous is Coral Honeysuckle. I think in that amount of shade it will still grow but may not bloom well at all.