The Q&A Archives: Robelini Trunk is Dying

Question: One trunk of my recently transplanted robelini (unsure of spelling) appears to be dying. Is there any way to save it?

Answer: Rebecca,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Robellini palms need soil that is moist but well drained. Dry conditions and soggy wet soil will both be deadly for the plant. They need bright light but not direct sun. If you can provide these conditions that is about all that is in your power to help the plant. If the initial cause of the decline was not too severe it may be able to recover and survive.